Elizabeth Warren has been suggested as a possible 2016 presidential candididate by supporters and the media.
Even prior to running for Senate a Facebook group was started to support Warren in 2016.
Even before winning the Senate race against Scott Brown in November 2012, Warren was mentioned as the 2016 presidential choice of the progressive movement by The Atlantic, The Huffington Post, ABC News and others.
A November 6, 2012 National Journal article listed Warren as one of the Top 10 Democratic candidates for 2016..
A December 15, 2012 article at the left-wing website Daily Kos placed Warren on the list of potential candidates.
Warren’s name is mentioned as a favorite of commenters at Huffington Post and elsewhere.
Warren has denied that she plans to run for President.
On February 15, 2013, Elizabeth Warren made her debut on the Senate Banking Committee, and aggressively questioned banking and securities regulators, leading to renewed calls for Warren to be a presidential candidate:
And from Wonkette :
Of course, we use the term “regulators” figuratively, given that they can’t seem to regulate their asses with both hands, but Elizabeth Warren makes this point far better than we ever could which is why BIDEN/WARREN 2016! Or SANDERS/WARREN 2016! Or we could even be persuaded to back CLINTON/WARREN 2016! Or WARREN/BOOKER 2016! We’ll unreservedly and enthusiastically consider any of those options.
- ^ Facebook Group, Elizabeth Warren for President 2016, Facebook
- ^ Molly Ball, Elizabeth Warren for President? Democrats' Barren 2016 Bench, The Atlantic, June 20, 2012
- ^ Peter Svitek, Elizabeth Warren Preferred Over Hillary Clinton For President In 2016, Shows Poll Of Progressive Activists, Huffington Post, June 20, 2012
- ^ Jonathan Karl, Elizabeth Warren 2016?, ABC News, Oct. 25, 2012
- ^ Sophie Quinton, Name, National Journal / Yahoo, November 6, 2012
- ^ AJBrad, 2016 Democratic Presidential Candidates, Daily Kos, Oct. 4, 2012
- ^ Gene Bivins, Comment -- Hillary 2016? Clinton Casts Doubt On Political Speculation, Source, Jan. 29, 2013
- ^ GoLocalWorcester News Team, Warren Possible Presidential Candidate in 2016 Says HuffPost, Source, Dec. 9, 2012
- ^ Senator Elizabeth Warren YouTube Account, Senator Elizabeth Warren's First Banking Committee Hearing , YouTube, Feb. 13, 2013
- ^ William A. Jacobson, Elizabeth Warren’s heroic Senate demagoguery, Legal Insurrection, February 16, 2013
- ^ Matt Taibbi, Tweet, Twitter, Feb. 15, 2013
- ^ Kris E. Benson, Here, Let Liz Warren Help You Enjoy the Rest of Your Day!, Wonkette